Handcrafted Goat Milk Product Launch and the Surprising Benefits
As we hopefully start easing back into normal life here at Live Inspired HQ, I can't help but to think of all the exciting things that happened here in the last few months.
In a way, the positive side of COVID-19 is that it gave me some time to really start thinking about the type of products I wanted to offer through my online boutique. I had the apparel down for the most part and then came the candles. The scents have been a huge hit in the community and I can't thank everyone enough for all the support! So many are enjoying candle comfort goodness in the middle of all of this craziness.
One thing about ordering candle making supplies, is that usually the supplies come from the same place that they sell soap making supplies. Cool, right? I never got into making soap before. Although soap making (melt and pour method) seems super simple, probably even more so than candle making, it would still be pushing my time limits that I have while I still work full time. Needless to say it sparked my interest but knew it wouldn't happen, especially with less time on my hands as restrictions open back up.
A night that I was doing some research online, I came across a wholesale marketplace that specializes in selling brands that are up and coming but are small shops, much like me. This is where I first came across Steele Family Farm from Washington, Oklahoma. Their son had problems with eczema and they found that these goat milk soap products really helped!
I thought it would be awesome to offer a "bath and body" line, like I said, but despite time, I even thought about how many skin care products are on the market right now. Seems like everyone is selling make-up, skin care and supplements anymore. I had to ask myself, well what makes milk that comes from a darn goat so freakin' special?
The Steele Family Farm Goat Milk soap isn't made in a factory, it's made fresh from the farm. Read some of the benefits of Goat Milk below:
1. Goat's milk contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids. These lactic acids help gently remove dead skin cells allowing for fresh new skin cells to surface created smoother, healthier and rejuvenated skin.
2. Vitamin's A,B,C and E are found in goat's milk. Vitamin A repairs damaged skin. Medical studies have shown Vitamin A can help reduce lines and wrinkles, control acne and provide relief from psoriasis.
3. Anti-Inflammatory - The fat molecule content in goat's milk reduces skin inflammation. It soothes and nourishes the skin creating an ant-inflammatory effect.
4. The cream in goat's milk helps boost the moisturizing quality. Since many people suffer from dry skin, eczema and psoriasis, this is an important quality to prevent your skin from drying out.
5. Proteins and Minerals - The proteins found in goat's milk helps fight acne by killing the bacteria causing these skin conditions. Important materials such as the antioxidant selenium can also be found in goat's milk. Some scientists believe selenium helps prevent damaged skin due to excessive sun exposure and has an important role in preventing skin cancer.
6. Probiotics - Probiotics are living micro-organisms that help protect the skin from harmful ultraviolet light.
What is even better about the goat milk soap, is that it has many other healthy oils in the ingredients list as well, such as olive oil, palm oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil.
I began using the Farmhand Goat Milk soap, which has an almond honey scent with ground oats and I absolutely LOVE it. I can't believe the difference it has made. My cheap bottle of Suave in the corner of the shower may just need thrown away.
In addition to the soaps, I am using the "Goatmeal Honey" Sugar Scrub which is absolutely amazing. The jars are 16 oz and will last for awhile. I also tried the Soothing Comfort Body Butter and it has provided exceptional sinus relief with my seasonal allergies.
I have to say....I am freakin' sold on Goat Milk Bath and Body products! I am also totally sold on collaborating with a small business to help them gain traction on their most wonderful products.
Check out the inventory here! I don't have much stock so order soon :) If these are a hit, I will be ordering more.
Hope everyone is staying healthy and SANE!
Take care and keep living inspired!